Rijeka Tourist Board was established on 29 July 29 1994, and its work began on 9 September 1994.
Rijeka Tourist Board, in accordance with the legally established tasks, carries out promotion activities of tourism in Rijeka and systematically encourages and coordinates activities for improving general conditions and the content of stay for tourists who visit Rijeka.
The aims of marketing policy in tourism are:
• improvement of the existing tourist product;
• promotion of the new identity of tourism in Rijeka and positioning Rijeka as a regional tourist centre;
• to increase the awareness of the importance of tourism and its economic, social, and other effects, and of the need for preservation and improvement of all the elements that constitute the tourist product of the city of Rijeka, especially the protection of environment, and natural and cultural heritage in accordance with sustainable development;
• implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan of Rijeka and Rijeka ring;
• to continue positioning and restructuring the tourist offer which will contribute to the improvement of the quality of service delivery;
• increase of total volume of tourist traffic; improvement of tourist information providing services through all communication channels, especially the internet and new technologies;
• new informative materials and tourist signalisation of better quality, as well as proceeding with placing signs for showing direction towards cultural, historical, and tourist attractions.
Photo: Novi list